READ 2017: Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER | NATIONAL BOOK AWARD WINNER | NAACP IMAGE AWARD WINNER | PULITZER PRIZE FINALIST | NATIONAL BOOK CRITICS CIRCLE AWARD FINALIST | NAMED ONE OF THE TEN BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New York Times Book Review
“This is your country, this is your world, this is your body, and you must find some way to live within the all of it.”
-Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
This quarter please join us for the Seattle Colleges District-wide Book Read, sponsored by AFT Seattle, Faculty Development, and all of our campus Libraries/TLCs. We will be reading "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates, a book described by Toni Morrison as “required reading,” and a bold and personal literary exploration of America’s racial history by “the single best writer on the subject of race in the United States.”
Books are on reserve at all of the Seattle College’s Libraries and there are limited copies available for faculty and staff who are interested in attending a discussion. If you receive one of these free copies, we encourage you to share it with others after you have read it.
More About "Between the World and Me"
- Sunday Book Reivew New York Times | Ta-Nehisi Coates’s ‘Between the World and Me’
- Atlantic Brutality of a Country Responses to Ta-Nehisi Coates's Between the World and Me
- Atlantic Ta-Nehisi Coates Reads From Between the World and Me
Please contact Pamela Wilkins| firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please register for a discussion session. Faculty and staff may be able to receive a free copy of the book.
Please register for one of the discussions.
- Wednesday, February 15, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday February 28, 4:00 - 5:00pm
- Thursday, March 9, 2:00 - 3:00pm
All discussions held in SSC Library LIB105
Need a Book
Books are on reserve at all of the Seattle College’s Libraries and there are a limited number of free copies available for faculty and staff who are interested in attending a discussion. If you receive one of these free copies, we encourage you to share it with others after you have read it.
When you register, please indicate if you need a book. If we can not provide you with a free copy, we can direct you to an available copy (either on reserve, at your local library or on loan).
If we can not provide you with a free copy, books are now avaialble at
- On reserve at the Library circulation desk
- Available for check out in the SSC Library
- Available for check out at Seattle Public Libraries
- Available for check out at King County Libraries
- On sale at Amazon and most booksellers
Please let us know if you are unable to find a copy of the book.