Library @ Home
Library @ Home: Use most SSC library resources from anywhere via the Internet
Many of our library resources are accessible off campus via the Internet. To access library resources such as databases, e-books and 24/7 chat or email assistance from reference librarians, visit our web site http://www.southseattle.edu/library.
Log into Finder*, the new Seattle College Library search tool, to save searches, place items on hold or access your library account. Many library resources will also require you to login with your last name and student ID.
* Finder requires your EAD login (@seattlecolleges.edu) for more information, visit http://www.southseattle.edu/it-services/ and select email account.
Constitution Day 2017
Join Us for Constitution Day 2017!
Constitution day is an American federal observance that commemorates the formation and signing of the Unites States Constitution. Observed this year on September 18th, Constitution Day was formerly called Citizenship Day and also honors all those who have become U.S. Citizens.
- Join us on September 18th for an exciting and thought provoking event.
Looking for Textbooks?
- Textbooks are available to purchase and rent in the campus bookstore.
- Some textbooks are available via the SSC Cultural Center’s Textbook Lending Program.
- Selected textbooks are available on reserve* at the Library circulation desk for limited in library use.
- A few textbooks may be available in the Library circulating collection. Please check the library catalog for availability.
*Faculty, visit the library faculty resources page to learn more about putting course materials on reserve.
Introducing Finder, the new Seattle College Library search tool.
Search the Library Catalog to find books on our shelves and online.
Use Finder to:
Log In to Finder
Learn how to log in to Finder. Patrons can log into Finder to see their library account information, check due dates, place hold requests, save searches and mark favorite items.
Summer Library News
New Library Search System | Coming July 13th
On July 13th, the library will debut a new search system which will improve access to Library resources. Please be aware of the following:
- All Users - If you have saved lists in the current catalog, talk to a librarian about how to transition your information.
- Faculty and Staff - If you have links or instructions for accessing library resources, you may wish to consult with a librarian to make sure the information is still correct.
- Accessing Resources - As part of the migration (June 20th – July 13th) the following resources will not be accessible through the library catalog, but can be accessed from their individual links.
Questions – If you have any questions or concerns about please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your patience while we work on changes to improve your library experience.
SSC Library Days & Hours
Summer Quarter 2017 June 26th - August 18th
- Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm
- No Weekends or Holidays
Summer Break Hours
Summer Break 2017 August 19th - September 24th
- Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 12:00pm
- No Weekends or Holidays
- Closed on September 4th - Labor Day
- Closed on September 20th -21st - District Meetings and Trainings
Computers are not available during the summer break.