Library @ Home
Library @ Home: Use most SSC library resources from anywhere via the Internet
Many of our library resources are accessible off campus via the Internet. To access library resources such as databases, e-books and 24/7 chat or email assistance from reference librarians, visit our web site http://www.southseattle.edu/library.
Log into Finder*, the new Seattle College Library search tool, to save searches, place items on hold or access your library account. Many library resources will also require you to login with your last name and student ID.
* Finder requires your EAD login (@seattlecolleges.edu) for more information, visit http://www.southseattle.edu/it-services/ and select email account.
Looking for Textbooks?
- Textbooks are available to purchase and rent in the campus bookstore.
- Some textbooks are available via the SSC Cultural Center’s Textbook Lending Program.
- Selected textbooks are available on reserve* at the Library circulation desk for limited in library use.
- A few textbooks may be available in the Library circulating collection. Please check the library catalog for availability.
*Faculty, visit the library faculty resources page to learn more about putting course materials on reserve.
Introducing Finder, the new Seattle College Library search tool.
Search the Library Catalog to find books on our shelves and online.
Use Finder to:
No Circulation on July 13th
On July 13th, the Seattle College Libraries will be migrating to a new library computer system. The system will improve the user experience and provide greater access to our library resources.
In preparation for the new system:
- On July 13th library circulation will be suspended including check in/out of library materials (normal circulation will resume on July 14th)
- Some library web links may be broken (we will work to quickly repair any broken links)
Summer Library News
New Library Search System | Coming July 13th
On July 13th, the library will debut a new search system which will improve access to Library resources. Please be aware of the following:
- All Users - If you have saved lists in the current catalog, talk to a librarian about how to transition your information.
- Faculty and Staff - If you have links or instructions for accessing library resources, you may wish to consult with a librarian to make sure the information is still correct.
- Accessing Resources - As part of the migration (June 20th – July 13th) the following resources will not be accessible through the library catalog, but can be accessed from their individual links.
Questions – If you have any questions or concerns about please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your patience while we work on changes to improve your library experience.
SSC Library Days & Hours
Summer Quarter 2017 June 26th - August 18th
- Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 12:00pm
- No Weekends or Holidays